|| Position: Trainee Careers Advisor
Type: Permanent Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm
Location: Burnley/East Lancashire
The Vedas Group are a National Careers Service delivery centre - providing information, advice and guidance to help people make choices about their work, training and education.
As a Trainee Careers Advisor you will help individuals to identify their options for careers, build CVs, identify skills gaps, advise on where to search for jobs, help with applications and locate relevant training courses. You will manage a case load of individuals and work with them via a range of media and face to face interactions.
Typical work activities:
• Interviewing people to discuss their career or education options
• Identifying skills gaps and advising on solutions.
• Helping individuals to draw up action plans for employment, education and training to help them to achieve their goals.
• Researching different careers, options and support to meet people's needs.
• Advising people on how to source relevant training courses or qualifications and what funding might be available.
• Providing advice on CVs, applications, job searching and interview techniques.
• Helping people to understand the current job market.
• Liaising and negotiating with other organisations on behalf of individuals.
• Using IT for administrative tasks, such as recording interactions with and tracking clients.
• Attending careers fairs and conventions.
• Keeping up to date with labour market information, legislation, and professional and academic developments
• Managing a caseload of clients.
You will need to show:
• High level of communication and listening skills
• Ability to motivate and build a rapport with people
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Empathetic, non-judgmental and ethical approach
• Ability to work individually or as part of a team
• Ability to manage your own caseload
• Capability to work under pressure
• Organisational skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with information technology
Vedas deliver National Careers Service at venues throughout East Lancashire so the successful applicant will be required to travel to / work from any of these locations.
Shortlisting: If you are shortlisted for this position we will contact you within 5 working days of your application.
Register: View all the latest jobs on our website. Register in just a few clicks. Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn for instant job alerts. Search 'The Vedas Group’