The Vedas Group are delighted to announce that we are recruiting.
Position: Site Foreman
Type: Full-time (permanent after 3 month probationary period)
Location: Padiham and throughout sites in the north-west
Salary: £10 to £12 per hour dependent on experience
:: Apply for immediate consideration
Working Hours: 40 per week
Monday – Friday 07:00 – 16:00 (Inclusive of unpaid breaks)
Holidays: 29 days including bank holiday
Opportunities for overtime
Bonus based on hours worked
The Landscape Foreman is responsible for installation and management of a variety of landscape projects. The foreman is responsible for completing each project with great precision and business minded efficiency.
• Direct activities on the job site, they include but are not limited to: coordinating workflow, hands on work, and operating a variety of machinery.
• Manage personnel effectively and efficiently.
• Communicating production goals with crew members and clients.
• Monitor all tools, equipment, and machinery for required maintenance.
• Track and record all job expenses, including but not exclusively materials and hours worked.
• Maintain a clean and safe job site at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supervises and manages landscape crew.
• Ensures that all crew members utilize all required personal protective equipment
• Ensures that all installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards.
• Ensures that all equipment safely and maintenance procedures are followed.
• Interacts with clients in order to help ensure job satisfaction.
• Supervises all crew members during the performance of all assigned work.
• Leads by example.
• Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day.
• Follows directions from supervisors.
• Ensures that all safety rules and company safety policies are adhered to.
• Communicates well with all crew members, supervisors, and clientele.
• Strives to improve job skills and develop the potential for upward mobility.
• Maintain a clean and safe job site.
• Trains crew members the development in the best practices of installation in company standards.
• 1+ year experience
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Commercial Driver’s License (preferred) and reputable driving record
• Proficient heavy equipment operating skills including front end loaders, mini-excavators, and skid steer machinery with various attachments; other construction equipment as needed
• Knowledge and experience in installing a variety of hardscape applications
• Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees; identification and cultural requirements
• Highly motivated, self-driven individual who is detail orientated
• Excellent attention to detail while working in fun & fast paced environment
• Verbal & written communications skills
• Good time management skills; be available for long hours all year round
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background (i.e. clients, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and other designers)
• Clean and professional appearance
• Punctual and dependable
Shortlisting: If you are shortlisted for this position we will contact you within 5 working days of your application.
Register: View all the latest jobs on our website. Register in just a few clicks. Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn for instant job alerts. Search 'The Vedas Group’